How we grow our food
All of the food produced at Echo Earth Care is hand grown by the family (and locally employed helpers occasionally if we need an extra pair of hands) using only natural methods.
- "No dig" market gardening builds and protects the soil and soil ecology
- We apply municipal compost, which is made from green waste and classified as suitable for organic growers with soil ecology, to our vegetable beds.
- We apply home grown compost teas to inoculate the municipal compost with healthy soil ecology.
- We grow perennial edibles in the forest garden for minimal disruption to the soil and a diverse habitat for wildlife.
- We only pick food to order so there is never any waste... which is a bit of shame for the chickens!
What is available to buy today?
You can see what we have available today in our online shop at the Open Food Network.